Sunday, September 14, 2014

Introduction to Composing In Context

1) 'Introduction'
 Introduce the topic of Composing in Context and explain the scope of the topic and how we approached it. 

Composing in Context is a very interesting idea on the relationship between living in the technology filled modern world, and its effects on the art form of which we are pursuing. The world around us is constantly changing and moving forward. One of the biggest ideas behind composing is that when you compose you are making art. Everything we do is art and can be constantly influenced by new ideas and technologies. So far we have had three lectures in class giving us insightful views on the ideas of writing and lighting. It was very insightful and it showed me the wonders of what could be done with lights and its relationship to the film or play in which it was being used.


2) 'Starting points'
Describe what you already knew --from experience, thought, and/or study-- about composing and the topic of Composing in Context. (This is sort of like a 'before' section that will eventually get paired with an 'after' section in your conclusion.) 

I already knew a few things that had been told to us in our lectures. For instance, I knew the process of writing pretty well. It was something I had been doing for a long time. Drafting, editing, revising. All fundamental aspects of writing a story/paper. The lighting lecture, going into it I knew lighting was key in portraying certain aspects of film/plays. But what I got out of that class completely changed my perspective and now see lighting in a different light.


3) 'What I learned' 
Describe what you learned from your individual journal writing, from your social writing in the discussion forum, from the assigned readings, from the lecture presentations, and from the website and blog projects. 

I’ve learned that I am able to comprehend and absorb information from a lecture, and then take that information and organize it into a collective rhyme and reason. The class has been very insightful and I’ve learned a lot about writing, a lot about Hello Kitty, and a lot about the importance of making.


4) 'Things I would like to learn more about'  
Elaborate a bit on the points or activities that struck you as most intriguing or interesting in the unit, and how you would pursue learning more about them.

I would like to learn more about the importance and theories behind lighting a scene. It was very intriguing to me the way in which lighting can be used to affect the look, feel, and just the general aesthetics of the importance of lights.

5) Conclusion



Our first unit has been very intriguing and engaging. Our lecturing professors have been phenomenal in there teaching and have gotten their points across extremely well. I am very excited going forward to see what is in store for us all as artist in the class. The past two lectures have not been in subjects I am incredibly interested it, but going forward I am excited to see where the class takes us and what I could learn about other topics. This class is great because it gives us a look into subjects we may or may not have been interested in before hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment